PRODUCT RECALL: Zuke’s Mini Naturals Treats (All Flavors)
It is always embarrassing for a company to recall its products, and the most recent one happened to Zuke’s. For the past couple of months, Twitter had an increasing number of tweets regarding issues with Zuke’s Mini Naturals Treats (All Flavors). The main concerns dog owners seem to have is that their dog treats had mold in them.
Naturally, all dog owners refused to give any to their dogs and tried contacting the company via social networks. There are plenty of pictures and proof that the issue was happening across the US, and soon enough, the company responded. Here is what Zuke’s had to say about the issue after DogFoodAdvisor contacted them;
“At this time, we are proactively and voluntarily removing our Zuke’s Mini Naturals products from sale due to a quality issue.
Zuke’s is a natural product, which uses a natural preservation system. We have identified a product quality issue during recent production with instances where the natural preservation system may not be working as effectively as it should. While not a food safety issue, we are proactively and voluntarily removing Zuke’s Mini Naturals from sale because we want pet parents to continue to have the best experience with our products.
Since this step is being taken due to a quality issue, we are not asking pet parents to return the product. If you are not completely satisfied with your Zuke’s purchase, we are always happy to issue a refund. Please reach out to our Pet Parent Relations team here.”
Here are some details about the voluntary recall the company did;
Main reason for concern: Excessive mold growth
How was it announced: The company emailed Pet Supplies Plus customers, and the email was dated April 30th, 2021.
- Zuke’s Mini Naturals Chicken Recipe, 6 oz. and 16 oz., SKU 013423330517 and 013423330210
- Zuke’s Mini Naturals Chicken Recipe, 0.5 oz. sample size, no SKU number
- Zuke’s Mini Naturals Peanut Butter & Oats Recipe, 6 oz. and 16 oz., SKU 013423330524 and 013423330227
- Zuke’s Mini Naturals Duck Recipe, 6 oz. and 16 oz., SKU 613423330533 and 613423330236
- Zuke’s Mini Naturals Salmon Recipe, 6 oz. and 16 oz., SKU 013423330548 and 013423330241
- Zuke’s Mini Naturals Pork Recipe, 6 oz. and 16 oz., SKU 613423330557 and 613423330250
- Zuke’s Mini Naturals Rabbit Recipe, 6 oz. and 16 oz., SKU 613423330564 and 613423330267
- Zuke’s Mini Naturals Beef Recipe, 6 oz. and 16 oz., SKU 613423330588 and 613423330601
After the Twitterverse started tweeting pictures and pet parents began voicing their concerns, Zuke’s decided to get in touch with their customers and expressed their worries as well. They tweeted;
“Thanks for reaching out. We’re pet parents, too, and only want the best for our four-legged family members. For this reason, we are proactively and voluntarily removing Zuke’s Mini Naturals from store shelves as well as various online retailers, due to a quality issue with a recent batch of products.”
Luckily, the company had a prompt response, and their voluntary recall should make sure none of the compromised products end up causing problems for dogs across the US. The best thing you can do as an unsatisfied customer is to get in contact with the place where you got your Zuke’s dog treats and ask for a refund. You should have no issues receiving the full amount since the company should compensate the retailer for all the returns.
World Dog Finder team