Quotes about Dachshunds
There is something incredibly charming about the adorable Dachshunds. It is no wonder there are so many sayings and Dachshuhnd quotes we can choose from. The charming sausage dog was originally bred for the fearless role of a badger hunter, but these days, they are mostly on the hunt for a soft napping spot. If you are anything like us, you will love these adorable Dachshund quotes.
1. Dachshunds are ideal dogs for small children, as they are already stretched and pulled to such a length that the child cannot do much harm one way or the other.
– Robert Benchley
2. The secret of architectural excellence is to translate the proportions of a Dachshund into bricks, mortar, and marble.
– Christopher Wren
3. Being the owner of Dachshunds, to me, a book on dog discipline becomes a volume of inspired humor. Every sentence is a riot. Some day, if I ever get a chance, I shall write a book, or warning, on the character and temperament of the Dachshund and why he can’t be trained and shouldn’t be. I would rather train a striped zebra to balance an Indian club than induce a Dachshund to heed my slightest command. When I address Fred, I never have to raise either my voice or my hopes. He even disobeys me when I instruct him on something he wants to do.
– Eb White
4. The Dachshund is a perfectly engineered dog. It is precisely long enough for a single standard stroke of the back, but you aren’t paying for any superfluous leg.
– Mary Doria Russell
5. Dachshund: A half-a-dog high and a dog-and-a-half long.
– H. L. Mencken
6. Dachshunds have their own agenda and can be stubborn about seeing their plans through to completion. What Rosie lacked in consistency, she made up for in enthusiasm. Most of the time, when I called her name, she sprinted back, her long ears cocked and flying like a little girl's pigtails. Each encounter was a glorious reunion, even if we'd been parted for only a minute or two. I had never felt so loved.
– Mary Doria Russell
1. When all else fails, hug a Dachshund.
2. Nothing makes you smile more than looking into the face of a Dachshund that loves you.
3. There are no bad days when you come home to a Dachshund.
4. There is no trouble so great that Dachshund kisses cannot diminish it.
5. It is not a real party until Wiener comes out.
6. Dachshunds are like chips; you can’t have just one.
7. I’ll stay at home with my Dachshund; it’s too people-y outside.
8. They might be short on their legs, but they are big on their love.
9. I work hard so my Dachshund can live his best life.
10. The guy who invented doorbells clearly didn’t have a Dachshund.
1. I don’t always bark, but when I do, it’s for nothing
2. Wanna see me roll?
3. My favorite treat? Well, they don’t call me a sausage dog for nothing…
4. Just because he is bigger doesn’t mean he’s in charge.
5. Your bed? You mean, our bed?
6. The postman nearly broke into our home. Luckily, I saved you again today.
7. Look, I’m not saying you HAVE to change my food, but what’s the harm in trying?
8. I have a long body, which means I need more food! What’s so unclear about that?! Even the dogtor said so.
9. Indestructible toy? I will put its name to the test!
10. For the hundredth time, John, no, I am not related to the centipede.
World Dog Finder team